Welcome to the International Synagogue

The International Synagogue first opened its doors at John F. Kennedy International Airport in 1967. It was situated alongside the Catholic and Protestant Chapels outside the main terminal. Now located inside the International Arrivals Terminal/Terminal 4, on the fourth floor in the rear of the building, it is the only synagogue located in a major airport in all of North and … More Welcome to the International Synagogue

The only Synagogue in a United States airport!

International Synagogue has existed at JFK Airport for over fifty years.  In 1958, land was leased to the three faith groups, Protestant, Catholic, and Jewish, at the newly established International Airport with the aim of erecting houses of worship for the faith groups. The New York Board of Rabbis undertook the project of erecting a … More The only Synagogue in a United States airport!